St. Paul’s Youth Choir begins on Thursday, September 7, 2017!
Weekly rehearsals are on Thursdays from 4:30-6pm.
2017 Youth Choir appearances (this is a partial list)
- Sunday, November 12, 10am service
- Sunday, December 17, 3pm Lessons & Carols
- Sunday, December 24, 5pm Christmas Eve service
For more information on the Youth Choir, contact Dr. Paul Cienniwa: email@example.com or 561-278-6003.
St. Paul’s Youth Choir
creating the next generation of choral singers
Age Group: reading level through high school. Teen singers have the added responsibility of mentoring younger singers along with the opportunity to sing with the Adult Choir.
Voice for Life, a Royal School of Church Music-affiliated program
- The focus areas of Voice for Life, a graded chorister training program, are:
- using the voice well
- musical skills and understanding
- belonging in the choir (commitment, punctuality, responsibility)
- choir in context: Christian ministry and music
Year One Goals
- minimum: three singers
- establish RSCM program
- weekly rehearsals
- preparing for occasional Sunday services
- preparing for Lessons & Carols (December 17, 2017, 3pm)
- three to eight singers
- first class of singers now mentors new class…and so on
- Youth Choir is now open to the community, regardless of church affiliation
- singing regularly for Sunday services (e.g., monthly or bi-weekly)
- regular participation at St. Paul’s choral programs, including Lessons & Carols
- community outreach programs (e.g., caroling, diocesan events)
Year Six onward
- a well-established St. Paul’s Youth Choir with eight to fifteen members–or more!
- weekly participation in Sunday services
- the sky’s the limit: choir tours, concerts, hosting our own RSCM summer program
YEAR ONE: WHAT DO WE NEED?
PARTICIPATION AND COMMITMENT. That’s all.