St. Paul’s Day School has a yearly enrollment of thirty-five students. Enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis. Applications are accepted in January for the coming school year beginning in August. Applications are available online, or through the Day School and Church offices. A non-refundable registration fee of $200 must accompany each registration.
Parents of students in the program, as well as parents of prospective students, are welcome to visit during any school day. Please make an appointment to tour the school.
Registration forms are available to print here or from the Day School Office. A non-refundable registration fee of $200 must accompany your registration.
St. Paul’s Day School accepts VPK vouchers for the 4 year-old class. VPK vouchers are available to Florida residents who are US citizens. To qualify, children must be 4 years old by September of the applicable school year. Parents must apply to Early Learning Coalition of Palm Beach County. VPK vouchers cover three hours of instruction per school day. A fee of $250 per month (Aug 1 – May 1) is charged to students whose families choose the extended hours of 8:30 am – 1:30 pm. As with all other students, a $200 administration fee must accompany the application. For more information on our VPK program please contact Liz Ryan, Director, at 561-278-4729 or email her:Liz@StPaulsDelray.org
All students must have had a physical exam and up to date immunizations on file before the first day of school. These may be obtained by contacting your child’s pediatrician and requesting forms Florida Forms DH680 and 3040. You must notify us of any special medical conditions or allergies.
Tuition for the 3-year-old class is $5000 annually. Tuition may be paid in 10 installments of $500 due on the first day of each month, beginning in August.
See VPK section above for fees specific to those children enrolled in the VPK program.
Please note: Checks must be payable to St. Paul’s Episcopal Church with Day School written in the memo section. Credit card payments are also accepted and can be made by calling Caren Kilpatrick, Parish Administrator, at 561-276-4541.
An optional Stay and Play program is offered from 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm for an additional fee of $150 per month. Children are required to use a plastic coated sleep mat for nap time. These are available for purchase online.
Guidelines for Parents:
- Dress your child in comfortable, loose-fitting clothes and sneakers. Please no open shoes or boots.
- Provide an extra complete change of clothes to be kept in child’s cubby (in case of accidents, we will call you).
- Pack a morning snack and nutritious lunch and drink for your child. Include utensils and napkins. Stay and Play children will need an additional afternoon snack, a plastic-coated sleep mat, and bedding.
- In case of emergency, we will call the emergency phone number you provided on the application form. Please remember to notify the school if this number changes!
- Sick Policy: Please keep children home with sore throats, ‘green’ noses, ear infections, temperatures and open abrasions. We are not permitted to administer medication.
- Make sure to give your child encouragement about coming to school on a daily basis. Be actively involved with your child’s education.
- Remember to tell us if there is anything significant happening at home with your child. It will help us to partner with you in providing the best help your child.
- You must convey your feelings and needs freely and honestly to the teachers – our staff is here to serve you.
There are a variety of ways we will communicate with you about important matters and upcoming school events. It is very important for you to read and understand what you receive. A monthly calendar is given at the beginning of each month, it lists all the important dates and special activities. The days school will be closed coincide with the Palm Beach County Schools Schedule, unless otherwise marked.
You will receive information via:
- Printed Letters
- Hanging Board at drop-off
- Face to face
2017-2018 School Year
The first day of school is Monday, August 14, 2017 and generally follows the Palm Beach County public school calendar. The last day of school is Thursday, May 31, 2018. School hours are from 8:30 am – 1:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
An optional Stay and Play program is offered from 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm for an additional fee of $150 per month. A monthly commitment is required.
Rolene Gent Memorial Fund
In 1996 a memorial/scholarship fund was established to honor past school director Rolene Gent for her 33 years [1963-1996] of devoted service to St. Paul’s Episcopal Day School. Mrs. Gent believed that all preschool aged children deserved a chance to attend St. Paul’s. Over the years she informally arranged financial aid for many families in need of help with tuition. With the generosity of alumni, and her many friends and loved ones, the Day School Board established this fund to assist parents with the tuition costs for a limited number of places. We are always thankful for any contribution that is received to help keep this fund alive. Contributions are tax-deductible.
Mrs. Gent has left a legacy of caring to the many lives that she touched. She radiated boundless love and compassion to all. Her vision for a high quality preschool education built on the teachings of Jesus Christ lives on in the teachers that work with the children of St. Paul’s today.