St. Paul’s Episcopal Church
188 South Swinton Avenue
Delray Beach, Florida 33444
Telephone: 561-276-4541 Fax: 561-276-0304
Part-time Director of Children, Youth and Family Ministry
General: The Part-time Director of the Children, Youth, and Family Ministry at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church is accountable to the Rector and is a spiritual leader of the congregation responsible for coordinating and implementing a full program of Christian formation ministries for the children and youth of the parish and engaging their families and the church-wide community in this ministry.
Setting: Established in 1898, St. Paul’s is a historic and traditional resource-size parish in the Diocese of Southeast Florida. St. Paul’s is situated in a racially and economically diverse community that presents many exciting opportunities and challenges for ministry. A strong year-round congregation is supplemented by an influx of seasonal residents. Average attendance on Sunday morning during the Winter exceeds 400. Average attendance during the Summer months exceeds 200.
Qualifications: College degree or formal training in Christian education or equivalent experience required. Must have excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills, must be innovative, and must be capable of working with the broad spectrum of individuals who are part of the Church and surrounding community.
Specific: The duties and responsibilities of the Part-time Director of Children, Youth, and Family Ministry include:
Nursery and Toddlers
• General oversight of nursery for Sunday worship and special functions.
• Schedule nursery volunteers.
• Ensure safety and cleanliness of facility.
• Oversight of program and volunteers including scheduling.
• Development and implementation of a program of Christian formation and a curriculum for the children of the parish, ages pre-school through high school, in collaboration with Rector.
• Coordinating, recruiting, and training teachers and other volunteers to support the Christian formation program.
• Maintaining supplies and equipment and the general upkeep of Church School facilities.
• With the parish clergy, coordinating the involvement of Church School children in the life and liturgy of the parish.
• Coordinating special events and observances.
• Planning and implementing a Vacation Bible School each summer.
• Consulting with parents about their spiritual needs and the spiritual needs of their children.
• General oversight and implementation of the youth ministry program of the parish.
• Coordinating the youth group gatherings.
• Recruiting and training of mentors and other volunteers.
• Planning and coordinating of fundraisers, special events and trips.
• Consulting with parents about their spiritual needs and the spiritual needs of their high school and junior high school-aged children.
• Regular attendance at the following meetings: parish staff, Christian Education Committee, Diocesan Youth Council, and others that may be necessary.
• Budget planning for areas of responsibility.
• Implementation of Vestry decisions and parish goals in the area of Christian education and formation of children and youth, in collaboration with parish clergy and other staff members.
• Other duties and responsibilities as determined by, and in consultation with, the Rector.
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Send resume to the attention of the Rev. Paul Kane at: email@example.com